EDG, Inc. Provided the following on a Vertical Expansion Project:
Gulf of Mexico Major Capital Project – Subsea Tieback to platform located offshore in approximately 4,100 ft water for the Client. The project resulted in an incremental facility capacity of 35 MMSCFD, 55,928 BOPD, and 10,400 BWPD of production at 10,900 psig design pressure. EDG’s scope included FEED, detailed engineering, project management, administration, document control/information management, and engineering for all topsides modifications. EDG also provided overall project scheduling (including subsea, construction, installation, and systems completion scope), management and execution of all topsides equipment and materials procurement scope (including generating requests for proposal, bid evaluations/recommendations to award, issuance of requisitions to Client’s buyers, and all purchase order administration, including review of all vendor data and vendor commercial management) inspection of all vendor provided equipment and materials, and construction support.
Topsides Modifications Scope:
- One Pig Launcher Skid
- One Pig Receiver Skid
- One Manifold Skid
- Existing Test Pig Launcher (ZZZ-0050) was reused and existing pigging oil control valve was replaced.
- Boarding Shut Down Valve Skids
- Existing Topsides Hydraulics Power Unit (HPU) was upgraded with the addition of new accumulator bottles.
- New Topsides and Subsea Chemical Injection facilities were added for TVEX chemicals.
- The following equipment was designed by others and integrated into the topsides design by EDG:
- Subsea Hydraulic Power Unit (HPU)
- Topsides Umbilical Termination Assembly (TUTA)
- Subsea Electrical Power Unit (EPU)
- Subsea Master Control Unit (MCS)
- New equipment and associated piping was tied to the following existing systems:
- Oil Production Train
- Pigging Oil System
- HP Flare System
- Instrument Air System
- Nitrogen System
- Potable Water System
- Closed Drain System
- Open Drain System
- Waste Oil System
- Cooling Medium System
- Production and Subsea Chemical Injection System
- Integrated Control and Safety System (ICSS)
- Electrical System
- Fire water deluge system (extended to cover new equipment