Plant Expansion and Detailed Engineering – EDG facility engineering involvement included as-builting the existing facility P&IDs, project P&ID development, equipment, line, valve, instrumentation and specialty item list development. EDG electrical engineering involvement included, load study, motor controls, UPS, cable tray, lighting, grounding, ARC flash study.
Click > Plant Expansion & Detailed Engineering to view/download a pdf of this project summary.
- Electrical Engineering
- Process / Facilities Engineering
- Mechanical / Piping
- Plant expansion to increase its capacity to process landfill gas from its current rate of 8,000 scfm to 12,000 scfm while also making provisions for a future project to bring the capacity to 16,000 scfm
- Replacement of existing CO2 removal system will increase plant efficiency currently at 90% to over 99%
- Additional equipment required included centrifugal blowers, positive displacement blowers, a second H2S removal system, pumps, chillers, heat exchangers, an incinerator, compressors along with all associated instrumentation, valves and specialty items
- 10 MVA, 13.8kV capacity added to the electrical distribution system
- New electrical building designed with MV and LV rooms with motor controls for (7) MV compressors with VFDs and Soft Starters 400 – 1250 hp
Avondale, Louisiana, USA
Stay up-to-date with news and events from EDG by following us on our social sites: