*This post has updated information in bold where indicated.
On behalf of the EDG, Inc. Board of Directors, it is with great sadness that I share that Ed Ruppert passed away peacefully Saturday morning at home.
Ed joined EDG as employee #12 over 35 years ago and went on to serve as the Houston Office Manager, Managing Principal, Board Director, and President before retiring in 2015.
Ed’s Christian faith was strong, passionate, and incredibly consistent. He was the epitome of a selfless, servant leader who contributed much to EDG’s success while always giving the credit to others. He embodied 1 Cor 10:31; “whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God”.
Ed would often pray for EDG, and pray for God’s wisdom and guidance . . . that he and the other leaders would make good decisions and “do the right thing”. They don’t teach that practice in most Business or Engineering schools. He was and will always be the heart, soul, and conscience of our Company.
We are very thankful for Ed’s leadership, service, influence, and prayers.
Funeral arrangements are scheduled for Thursday, December 19, 2019 as follows:
- Visitation will be at 9:00 a.m. followed by 10:30 a.m. Mass at Holy Rosary Catholic Church located at 1416 George St, Rosenberg, Texas, 281-342-3089
- Graveside Burial, followed by Reception will commence after Mass at Memorial Oaks Funeral Home and Cemetery located at 13001 Katy Freeway, Houston, Texas, 281-497-2210
Per Ed’s request, in lieu of flowers, please consider donating to one of the following:
MD Anderson Pancreatic Cancer Research:
- Visit http://www.mdanderson.org/gifts
- Click on the red “Give Now” button to be directed to another page
- Under the photo banner near the top of the page, click on the red circle with the image of a flower and words “Give in Memory Of…”
- Fill out the form and please be sure include the following:
- Under “This gift is in memory of…”, please type in Edward and Ruppert in the First / Last Name slots
- You can include or leave blank the “Who will receive notification?” section, as MD Anderson already has this in their system
- Farther down, check the box that says “I’d like to choose where my donation will go.”
- From the options, select “Fund Designated by Family”
Holy Rosary Catholic Church located at 1415 George St., Rosenberg, Texas (there are two Holy Rosary Catholic Churches, please ensure it is the one in Rosenberg): https://hrccr.com/
Please pray for peace and comfort for Ed’s family.
Gary Davis, CEO