EDG’s services included:
- Site Selection and Negotiations Associated with Eminent Domain
- Concept Development and Preliminary Engineering
- Permit Assistance (EIS, USACOE, Air Quality and Construction)
- Project Budgeting, Scheduling, Procurement, Job Cost Accounting
- Overall Project Management Including Site Management
The construction of this project was done as a replacement to an existing, smaller facility. The new facility construction featured hydraulic dredging, new dock construction with an access bridge, a rail mounted ship unloader rated at 1,000 MTPH, and an enclosed high speed screw conveying system to transport cement landside. A bucket elevator and air gravity conveying system distributed cement to any of six silos, with a total storage capacity of 60,000 MT. The same bucket elevator is used for rail receiving, which is rated at 500 STPH. Truck loadout is accomplished by two lanes below the silos, with a combined truck / rail loadout alongside the silos. Loadout rates for both systems are 600 STPH.